05 June 2011

Raspberry Sundae Fabric Flower Headband


Pin It!
I have had a serger for many many years, but I certainly haven't gotten much use out of it until recently. I started working with t shirts and making lettuce edges on stuff. I absolutely love the sweet little ruffles.

I call my newest tutorial the Raspberry Sundae Fabric Flower Headband. I think it looks like a rose but has the colors of the Raspberry Sunday Peony I use for my avatar. These peonies are my absolute favorite flowers, incredibly beautiful.

I used my serger to make this flower, but one can create the lettuce edge with a standard zigzag machine with a little practice.

This particular flower is perfect for photo props for your newborn or your little girl. It is a large flower (just like a peony), measuring about 5" across, but you can make it smaller if you want to. And you don't have to attach it to the headband, but also to a snap clip or brooch pin. It is too sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails