22 June 2009

Tuesday Tutorial: Potpourri Tray


Pin It!
Those of you who read my other blog have seen this project already, but I thought I would include it here as well for those who haven't seen it.

What to do with an old picture frame: make a potpourri tray


Acquire an old frame. Take the backing off and remove glass. Wash entire frame and glass.


Prepare the frame surface for painting, you might have to do some sanding . Paint surface with 2 coats paint, I used acrylic paint. Let dry completely between coats. Spray with a sealer if desired.


When completely dry put frame back together. In place of old picture, pick a new one or use a nice piece of scrapbook paper like I did, or fabric. I added a nice and simple ribbon bow, but you can add all sorts of things to make it as done-up as you want.



It is no longer a picture frame, it’s on it’s way to being a tray. So turn your soon-to-be tray over. Use E-6000 glue or hot glue to attach simple drawer knobs at the corners. Make sure it sits well and is not wobbly.


Then add your potpourri. All done!

3 comments:

  1. i love this project of yours ... it's ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'm off to find an old picture frame...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable. I love it. Thanks for submitting. I am going to check out some more cool stuff I see in the You might also like links. I am highlighting your blog. Very cool! Thanks Again. Tara at Trendy Treehouse!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails